Who is a candidate for Kyphoplasty / vertebroplasty?
Before providing the best kyphoplasty in New Jersey, the doctor will determine whether the patient is a good candidate for the procedure. Among the deciding factors are:
- If you were diagnosed with compression fracture of thoracic or lumbar vertebral body and you have osteoporosis
- If you were diagnosed with cancer and have fracture associated with it
- If you have hemangioma and pain associated with hemangioma
- If you have failed more conservative treatments such as bed rest, bracing or pain medications.
- If you require bed rest after a fracture of the vertebral body and cannot move without pain
- If you require hospitalisation because of fracture